Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I am back. And how! :)

There's so much to write about. Almost everyday has been special. Big. The grandeur, the pre marital jitters, getting painted and all that, the supremely delayed wedding vows, the trip to the in laws, and finding out that Ekta Kapoor TV serials and untrustworthy old timer aunty-type-nieces should be D-I-S-C-A-R-D-E-D just before the wedding. In laws are good. At least mine are :)

And then the grand Konki visit. I loved the life in a village. Simple and yet so full of contrasts.

It was fun doing a lot of things I never saw myself a part of until now - the loud orange sindoor, all that jewellery, the slightly strange clothes. But when you are in the thick of things, you don't really know a way different from what has been done in your family all these years. What adds to the fun is that you know that soon you will be back to a life and lifestyle you can call your own, no strings attached. OK some strings attached, the nice likeable kinds :) It boils down to getting the best of both worlds. Doesn't get more fun than this, trust me!

And then - Leh, Khardungla, bike tours, riding on the edge, Manali... In short - the honeymoon, much as I hate to call it that. Not that it was a quintessential honeymoon. R and I did get a couple of "couple pics" clicked to make the album look like a Honeymoon album. LOL!

And then - Bangalore. Home. We shopped, we bickered, we cooked. Notice the plural? Apart from the fact that I have someone to share my life with, my life hasn't changed drastically. And yet, it has. Words can't do justice to how calm I have been feeling (R won't agree - he has already seen the worst of me :P), how happy. And how hopeful about this life I have just started.

I am in Bombay right now, a place that was home for the last 2 years of my life. Still is. Yet strangely enough I have been feeling a little lost. I think it is more because half of my belongings are here, the other half in Bangalore. I have been living out of a suitcase for about 2 months now! Can't wait for this to change.

Yet another thing I really wanted to write about, hoping to come up with a nicer post about it - I have been noticing my dad and Ratnakar talk animatedly about cricket, of all things! And it so warmed me to see that Dad has finally found company within the family - someone who understands what he's talking about - to start with. LOL!

This post sounds disconnected - I just can't seem to write. And obviously, too many things to write about at the same time. A huge post on the Leh-Manali trip, including the logistics, will follow soon. I want it to be one of those Leh trip blogs that we used to find extremely useful while planning the trip. Also want it to feed my "travel writing" ambition, guess it will take a little while.

I am still settling down, one day at a time. And I am loving every bit of it :) More later!

No comments: