Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I had opened blogger today to ramble on about my holiday, and then disaster struck in Bombay. Again. Since the 1993 blasts, my dad either takes the cab or decides to get home early. Always a few meters or very few kilometers away from disaster. He recently got promoted, they will move to South Bombay soon. It is supposed to be a happy thing.

And all I want right now is for them to return to Patna. That's home, it is safe. I cannot do anything about the blasts in Bombay, I just want my parents to leave that city. So much for my eternal love for the city, but sometimes there are things that go much deeper than the famed "spirit of Mumbai". Tomorrow, I will salute it again. But for now, I don't want to have any ties with the city any more. I want my family safe. I want Bombay to be safe. Just like it was every other midnight I used to return home after a long day of work. At the local station, knowing that I would get home safe, unlooted, and unraped. That is not something you can say about too many other places. I love Bombay. I have said it over and over again. But right now, I want it to be the city it used to be when I was growing up. A place that was larger than life, invincible, and a city where I had no friends and family.

I may not make sense right now. I will, tomorrow. Until then, prayers.

No comments: